Friday, September 17, 2010

Janet Smith looked up the description of the sleeves I mentioned in the blog post below. There has been a spelling correction for rouche, which is not correct and should be spelled ruched. I have corrected the below post. Here’s what she told me.

The descriptions of the sleeves in several books have different names, which happens often. I call it ruched because the sleeve is puckered or gathered. Ruched usually refers to the strips of gathered trim on dresses in the 1700's. It's also called a puffed or poufed sleeve. This started in the mid-1400's in Italy. The doublets for men started about the same time. Janet Smith.

Janet’s website is Moon Goddess, click and it will take you there.

Does this help?

No comments: