I’ve been given a blog award by the wonderful Rachna at Rachna’s Scriptorium who bestowed on me the Honest Scrap Award a couple weeks ago before I came down with strep throat. Please visit her blog, it’s great. So sorry Rachna for the delay in posting your award.
1. Post the award and thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
2. Share 10 things about myself.
3. Give 7 blogger friends the award and link back to their blog.
Ten things about me…are you interested? I will try to not bore you to death.
1. I love writing…oh, you already knew that.
2. I am a born-again Christian, but I promise not to clobber you over the head with that information, though; it is an integral part of my life.
3. I am not a musician, though I will attempt to learn to play anything that interests me.
4. I am an artist who has little time for drawing and painting.
5. I am married and have been for 28 years. He is faithful to me and I am faithful to him. That is important to mention in this day and age.
6. I have two grown daughters and two grandchildren who happen to both be 3 years old. I love them more than anything.
7. My grandmother lived to be 104 and a half. My mother is still alive and in her 80’s.
8. I don’t drink coffee. I don’t like it. I can tell if a plastic lined mug has had coffee in it even after it’s washed. My husband and children have been yelled at more than once for taking my favorite travel mug and ruining it with their coffee. I love tea.
9. My husband and I share a Scottish heritage. How weird is that considering we both live in the land of the mingled up nationalities. (U.S.A). Though my husband also has many Native American tribes running through his blood veins. Cool.
10. My mother traced our ancestors back to the Mayflower. My great-grandparents a thousand times great where John and Priscilla Alden. They where made famous by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in his ‘Courtship of Miles Standish.’ Miles wanted John to propose to Priscilla for him. When John did, Priscilla said, “Speak for yourself John Alden.” I can tell you that quote sounds like the women in my family.
There you have it. Are you bored?
Seven blogger friends in no particular order. Please visit each one. They have great blogs.
Jules at Trying to Get Over the Rainbow
Elizabeth Spann Craig at Mystery Writing is Murder
Lynda R. Young at W.I.P. IT
The Golden Eagle at The Eagle’s Aerial Perspective
Jeffrey Beesler at Jeffrey Beesler’s World of the Scribe
Holly Ruggiero at Holly Ruggiero
KKBrees at KKBrees on Writing
There are some friends, who have continued to come and visit my blog and leave comments even while I have been too ill to reciprocate. You know who you are. I am extremely grateful. I have to tell you, if everyone had abandoned me during the last two weeks it would have made things so much worse. Thank you a thousand times over.
In other news: Don’t forget the Halloween Kindle Giveaway hosted by Lynda Hilburn at Paranormality. It’s challenging, but a little research should garner the answers.
Do you have any questions you’d like to me?