Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Bible Study:


John 1:19 – 28

v.19 And this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent to him priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who are you?
v. 20 And he confessed and did not deny, and he confessed, I am not the Christ.
v. 21 And they asked him, What then? Are you Elijah? And he said, I am not. Are you the Prophet? And he answered, No.
v. 22 They said then to him, Who are you, that we may give an answer to those who sent us? What do you say about yourself?
v. 23 He said, I am a voice of one crying in the wilderness, “Make straight the way of the Lord!” as Isaiah the prophet said. (Isa. 40:3)
v. 24 And those who had been sent were of the Pharisees.
v. 25 And they asked him and said to him. Why then are you baptizing if you are not the Christ nor Elijah nor the Prophet?
v. 26 John answered them saying, I baptize in water; but among you stands One whom you do not know,
v. 27 He who is coming after me, the thong of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie.
v. 28 These things took place in Bethany across the Jordan, where John was baptizing.

No footnotes.

I own the New Testament with footnotes as well as several without footnotes and the complete Bible without footnotes from Living Stream Ministry.

Nancy

To purchase this wonderful Bible go to:

Recovery Version
Living Stream Ministry

Life Study of John

10 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

I always enjoy your Sunday Bible Study. Thanks for sharing.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Dominic de Mattos said...

It's interesting that in Isaiah the verse says "... a voice of one crying 'in the wilderness prepare the way for the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.' "
We all go through times when we feel as if we are in a wilderness, when we turn in on ourselves and forget about God. This is a reminder that the way out of the wilderness is to prepare a way for the Lord - to open our hearts for him and he will come to us.

Thank you for sharing John with us Nancy.

Blessings,
:Dom

N. R. Williams said...

I'm glad you like the verses Mason.

How true Dom, at the moment these verses are so important for me. I appreciate what you've shared.

Thank you both for coming over and participating in my Sunday.
NR

Jules said...

You knew I'd be here, just late. I always liked John stories. Thanks for the verses Nancy :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

N. R. Williams said...

John is my favorite book Jules and after that Hebrews. Thanks for dropping in.
NR

The Words Crafter said...

Hey, what a great find! I'll be here next Sunday, too. This is one of the passages that gives me goosebumps.....and, like Dominic, it references, or rather confirms, verses from Isaiah, my all time favorite book. It's where my tattoo comes from:)

N. R. Williams said...

Hey Words...I am honored. I'll be watching for you on Sundays.
NR

Carol Riggs said...

Thanks for the great reminder this Sunday! Have a great rest of the day, and a super week.

N. R. Williams said...

Thank you Carol, you too!
NR

Anonymous said...

This post has given me a great idea for a short story.
Our church is always so chilly and sometimes my mind wanders from what the sermon is about to my own woes and wishes... :O)