Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Bible Study:

The Gospel of John
John 1:29 – 34

v. 29 The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
v. 30 This is He of whom I said, A man is coming after me who has become ahead of me, because He was before me.
v. 31 And I did not know Him, but in order that He might be manifested to Israel, for this reason I came baptizing in water.
v. 32 And John testified saying, I beheld the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He abode upon Him.
v. 33 And I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water, He said to me, He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and abiding upon Him, this is He who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.
v. 34 And I have seen and have testified that this is the Son of God.

Footnotes.

29:1; Based on the Scriptures, the religious people were looking for a great leader (vv. 19-25) such as Messiah, Elijah, or the Prophet (Dan. 9:26; Mal. 4:5; Deut. 18:15, 18). But Jesus was introduced to them as a little lamb with a little dove (vv. 29-33). The Lamb takes sin away from man, and the dove brings God as life to man. The Lamb is for redemption, to redeem fallen man back to God, and the dove is for life-giving, for anointing, to anoint man with what God is, to bring God into man and man into God, and for uniting the believers in God. Both the Lamb and the dove are needed for man to participate in God.
29:2; The world here refers to mankind, as in 3:16.

I own the New Testament with footnotes as well as several without footnotes and the complete Bible without footnotes from Living Stream Ministry.

Nancy

To purchase this wonderful Bible go to:

Recovery Version
Living Stream Ministry

Life Study of John

In addition, every book in the Bible has a life study. Just browse the website to learn more.

3 comments:

Dominic de Mattos said...

Hi Nancy

Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed Sunday

Looking forward to your visit on Tuesday!

:Dom

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thank you, Nancy, for this uplifting post.

Monti
NotesAlongTheWay

N. R. Williams said...

Thank you Dom, I'm looking forward to that too.

Your welcome Monti.
NR