Tuesday, May 3, 2011

An award, and other news.

I am a proud mom. My daughter has started her own business helping writers who want to use her services to create a book cover, book trailer or to format their work for kindle and smashwords. But that isn't the only reason that I'm proud of her. Look at this beautiful picture that she took with my Droid phone and turned into a blog award. This is a nearby park that I took the children to when they were small. Do you see the mountains in the background? It's early spring so no leaves on the trees yet. She will be posting even more wonderful pictures so stop by either of her blogs to take a look.



Need I say more?

Like all blog awards there are rules:
1. Link back to the person who gave you the award. Tiger85 at Tiger On My Bookshelf.
2. Tell us your favorite thing about blogging.
3. Give Tiger's Delightful Blogger Award to three friends.

My favorite thing about blogging is all my wonderful new friends. I treasure each of you. (This might become a cliche, but it is heartfelt).

1. Holly Ruggiero...Holly is a wonderful and talented blogger who creates fabulous works of art that you can purchase. In addition, her blog tackles unusual pieces that makes my writing research so much easier. Think, colors and gemstones and what the old tales say about them.
2.Michael Di Gesu at In time.... Michael is a romantic who aspires to ya fiction. I have watched his writing improve over the course of about six months since I first met him. He is a great friend who will bend  over backwards to encourage and help whenever he can.
3.Siv Maria at Been there, done that. Siv is a new friend with a great sense of humor. She's an American married to a Norweigian guy and lives somewhere in that chilly country. If you haven't met Siv, your missing out.

So my friends, here's a little bit of sunny Colorado to brighten your blogs.

(Tiger is also selling these photos, check out the link at the top right).

I also want to thank all my new followers. Welcome.

Last, my thoughts on the A - Z Challenge. I purposely posted mostly short YouTube fun, facts and songs to help those who were tired of reading get a break. I hope  you all enjoyed it. I signed up for this challenge in February and never dreamed that my life would become so busy. I struggled to make it to the blogs that I did and felt bad I couldn't do more. So my experience was mixed. Do I think this is a fun challenge? Yes.

That said, I probably won't participate again. It's not to be rude. I currently have two books available online and request for more in the series which surprised me with the short story. I also have a novella with my critique partners which will also be a series. In addition, I am working on some art to share with you all and to sell or giveaway, including the book cover for my novella. My time has become limited. With that in mind, I am cutting my blogging schedule to three days, Monday, Wednesday and Friday with an occasional post for news up dates. I am adding a notify me by email button if you'd like to learn when I have a new release. No spam I promise. I will spend an hour or two everyday, except weekends, visiting all of you. The blogging community is the best writer's group I have ever belonged too.

Cheers,
Nancy

20 comments:

Summer Ross said...

Sometimes we have to accommodate life- So You get your stuff done and I'll check back when I can. Good luck with your projects

Amie Kaufman said...

Gorgeous photo! I think you've got your priorities right, though--your writing needs to come first, and you can cut back on your blogging schedule and still maintain your participation in the wonderful blogging community.

N. R. Williams said...

Thank you Summer and Amie. I appreciate your warm thoughts.
Nancy

Unknown said...

Thank you for the lovely award. It was very sweet that you thought about me :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! on the award and good lcuk moving forward with your books and everything else you have going on.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Congrats Nancy, for you award and having such a talented daughter. It's obvious it runs in the family.

Of all the bloggers you are friendly with, and that is in the hundreds, I feel very honored to be singled out for this award. Thank you SO much.

IT will be the jewel of my collection ....

I will make sure to pass it on sometime this week.

Michael

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Your daughter made a great award! I need to pass mine on soon...

Not So Simply Single said...

Wow, what a proud Mom you are .... Very cool. Love the picture!

Lisa

Southpaw said...

It's a beautiful award. Thank you.

I love my blogging friends. They are so supportive.

I'm not too sure if I would participate in th A-Z challenge again either.

I see your daughter opened a zazzle store. Awesome!

Susan Oloier said...

Your blog is so great that I have an award for you at my blog.

N. R. Williams said...

You are deserving Siv.

Thank you Stephen and back at you for all your projects.

Michael, you are such a warm person I had to give you the award.

Yes she did Alex.

Thank you Lisa.

You're welcome Holly and double thanks from me and my daughter.

Jeeper's thanks Susan, I'll be by.
Nancy

Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations on the award! :) It's a beautiful picture.

Good luck with your projects!

N. R. Williams said...

Thank you Golden.
Nancy

Nicole said...

I think the picture is beautiful :) and I very much understand you cutting down while working on your writing - I want to know what happens next to Nerbit!

Anonymous said...

I didn't get past the first week of A to Z. I don't really see the point now, looking back. My desire is to keep in touch with the good followers/friends I already have, and along the way to add some more, too.

I can't seem to post more than twice a week, it seems; so I think M,W,F is a very reasonable schedule. Good for you. We have to keep such a schedule if we want to write.

And your daughter! It finally sinks in who she is. She commented on my latest post. Maybe I can use her services in the future--if like you I can get some writing done. Right now, of course, it's promoting my memoir that will take some time. And I find that as I get older I just can't do as much and as quickly as I used to!

I'm sending you an email....
Ann Best, Memoir Author

N. R. Williams said...

I am thinking about Newert everyday and have come up with several possibilities.

Oh I understand Ann. I'm looking forward to receiving your email.

Thank you both for dropping in.
Nancy

LTM said...

your daughter's a superstar! And those are awesome bloggers you tapped there. What a great thing. Best to you both~

N. R. Williams said...

Thank you LTM.
Nancy

Jules said...

I'm reading out of order but I gave her a shout out today as well; your daughter that is.

And I love the video's :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

A.J. Walker said...

Ah, time! I'd love to surf interesting blogs all day, and I'd love to write all day. But of course there's work, friends, family, bathing, dealing with public transportation, Channel 4 mindrot, etc. I need a clone.