Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hump Day Improvisation: with A. J. Walker

A. J. Walker is on a blog book tour and has lent his goblin Kip to join in our Hump Day Improvisation fun. Thanks A. J.

Hello! I’m Kip Itxaron, a goblin who’s seen far too much of the world. I’m the heroine of Roots Run Deep, a fantasy novel published by Double Dragon. I used to be a reformed thief, a lousy gambler, and a mediocre sorceress before I ended up liberating my people. That didn’t improve my ability at magic, though, or my luck at gambling. You can find out more about me and my book at my author’s blog.

Today I’m doing the Hump Day Improv while Nancy takes a day off. Humans are lazy. That’s why they make us do all the menial work. Want me to clean your toilet once this is done, Nancy? Yeah, I thought you did.

Take a look at this 16th century painting by Giuseppe Arcimboldo called The Librarian. The painter was famous for doing portraits of people made from fruit, fish, the four elements, and in this case books. Imagine a character meeting this fellow for the first time and write his or her reaction. Let your imagination run wild. I ended up falling for a pasty-faced human with no tusks, so if you can make this a “love at first sight” situation I’ll be doubly impressed! 

I’ll give my own contribution after a few of yours are up. Have fun! 

You can't get more fun than this everyone. So write your sentences and then visit A. J. Walker. I'll just relax and enjoy my clean bathroom.
Nancy

11 comments:

Jules said...

"OMG, he's the one!" "Who's the one?" "Him, the one over there with tho broken arm and just razor sharp hair! AHHH!"
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thanks for hosting AJ today! And sorry, got nothing. Still asleep.

N. R. Williams said...

Great sentences Jules. I know how you feel Alex. I will add my sentences toward the end of the day.
Nancy

Marian Allen said...

When I met Page Booker, I knew my days of checking out anything I saw were over. His eyes spoke volumes and his spine was strong, just like I like 'em. So what if he had leathery skin and no appendix? Yes, on that day, I turned over a new leaf.

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

N. R. Williams said...

Love the sentences Marian.
Nancy

A.J. Walker said...

As Kip would say, "Humans are an open book. They show you a line and act dry and impenetrable, then at the slightest breeze they flutter away."

Heidiwriter said...

Great sense of humor!! I enjoyed this post.

Joshua J. Perkey said...

Just wanted to say I found you through David Powers King, and I really like the information you've provided on e-Publishing. Thanks!

N. R. Williams said...

Hi A. J., I have enjoyed having you today.

Thanks Heidi, I loved it too.

Nice to meet you Joshua. I'm glad you got something out of the e-pub page.

Thank you all for dropping by and leaving a comment.
Nancy

Golden Eagle said...

I jumped as he pushed aside the curtain and a book he carried thumped to the floor. Instinctively, I leaned over to pick it up, and I felt the smooth parchment of his arm against mine; the rest fell into the history books he held that day.

Safe Milli said...

Took me era to entre all the observations, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very cordial to me and I am unconditional to all the commenters here! Its always clear when you can not on your own be informed, but with entertained! all movie download site for mobile phones