Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Honest Scrap Award, A Big Thank You and other news.

I’ve been given a blog award by the wonderful Rachna at Rachna’s Scriptorium who bestowed on me the Honest Scrap Award a couple weeks ago before I came down with strep throat. Please visit her blog, it’s great. So sorry Rachna for the delay in posting your award.



Rules:

1. Post the award and thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
2. Share 10 things about myself.
3. Give 7 blogger friends the award and link back to their blog.

Ten things about me…are you interested? I will try to not bore you to death.

1. I love writing…oh, you already knew that.
2. I am a born-again Christian, but I promise not to clobber you over the head with that information, though; it is an integral part of my life.
3. I am not a musician, though I will attempt to learn to play anything that interests me.
4. I am an artist who has little time for drawing and painting.
5. I am married and have been for 28 years. He is faithful to me and I am faithful to him. That is important to mention in this day and age.
6. I have two grown daughters and two grandchildren who happen to both be 3 years old. I love them more than anything.
7. My grandmother lived to be 104 and a half. My mother is still alive and in her 80’s.
8. I don’t drink coffee. I don’t like it. I can tell if a plastic lined mug has had coffee in it even after it’s washed. My husband and children have been yelled at more than once for taking my favorite travel mug and ruining it with their coffee. I love tea.
9. My husband and I share a Scottish heritage. How weird is that considering we both live in the land of the mingled up nationalities. (U.S.A). Though my husband also has many Native American tribes running through his blood veins. Cool.
10. My mother traced our ancestors back to the Mayflower. My great-grandparents a thousand times great where John and Priscilla Alden. They where made famous by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in his ‘Courtship of Miles Standish.’ Miles wanted John to propose to Priscilla for him. When John did, Priscilla said, “Speak for yourself John Alden.” I can tell you that quote sounds like the women in my family.

There you have it. Are you bored?

Seven blogger friends in no particular order. Please visit each one. They have great blogs.

Jules at Trying to Get Over the Rainbow
Elizabeth Spann Craig at Mystery Writing is Murder
Lynda R. Young at W.I.P. IT
The Golden Eagle at The Eagle’s Aerial Perspective
Jeffrey Beesler at Jeffrey Beesler’s World of the Scribe
Holly Ruggiero at Holly Ruggiero
KKBrees at KKBrees on Writing


There are some friends, who have continued to come and visit my blog and leave comments even while I have been too ill to reciprocate. You know who you are. I am extremely grateful. I have to tell you, if everyone had abandoned me during the last two weeks it would have made things so much worse. Thank you a thousand times over.

In other news: Don’t forget the Halloween Kindle Giveaway hosted by Lynda Hilburn at Paranormality. It’s challenging, but a little research should garner the answers.

Do you have any questions you’d like to me?

20 comments:

Will Burke said...

Glad you're feeling better, I hear that strep throat can be just awful. Speaking of awful, plastic containers are notorious for holding flavors for unreasonable amounts of time. I has thermos's in school that always had banana milk and tomato soup undertones. Ew.

Jeff Beesler said...

Thanks for the award, Nancy! I'll make mention of it on my November 1st posting over at my blog.

My only question to you is this: were you inspired at all with ideas while you were down with the strep?

Golden Eagle said...

Thanks so much for the award! :)

Wow, 104 and a half years old! That's amazing.

I don't like the smell of coffee that much; I've never drunk it, consequently.

N. R. Williams said...

Will, banana and tomato soup, a gross mixture if ever there was on.

Jeffrey, you're welcome for the award. The only inspiration I had while sick with strep was to be sure and wipe off grocery cart handles with a disinfectant towel the stores provide before putting my hands down on it. I was the only one in the family sick. No writing ideas came out.

Golden, your welcome for the award too. Funny, I hate the taste of coffee but I love the smell. What does that say about me?

Thank you all for leaving a comment.
Nancy

Rachna Chhabria said...

Nancy, you deserve this lovely award. I hope you have recovered from Strep Throat. It can be very painful. I am sending you lots of healing energy for a quick recovery.

Wow..104 and a half, thats great. Loved reading those 10 things about you and getting to know you better.

Rachna

N. R. Williams said...

Thank you Rachna and thank you for giving it to me. I still have a swollen and slit tongue. Anyone who ever had strep or another back cold infection knows what that is. The Dr. gave me this awful mouth wash I have to use twice a day. Sunday was the first day in a week I could eat a little.
Nancy

Joanne said...

I'm a coffee drinker, but do like green tea in the evening, in the fall and winter. I find the whole process of it so comforting.

I do have a question for you: What is your absolute favorite thing to write ... essays? Fiction manuscript? Blog posts?

Jules said...

Congrats n the award and Thank you for passing it to me. :)

Now your throat, eat some Popsicle's. It will help with the swelling of your mouth and ease your throat. I once drank bourbon for 2 days and killed the nasty bugger. Not enough to blur my vision, just enough for medicine. :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

N. R. Williams said...

Joanne, I love writing fantasy and creating worlds, monsters, and characters.

You're welcome Jules. I add brandy and honey to my tea in order to cut through a clogged throat. It works.

Thank you both for leaving a comment.
Nancy

KK Brees said...

Thank you, Nancy! An award!! Yippee!!Glad you're feeling better, I've been battling some kind of a virus for a week.

Ann Best said...

I wasn't bored! I really got to know you better. As one grandmother to another, aren't grandchildren awesome!! I've never drunk coffee in my life, following what in our church we call the Word of Wisdom: no coffee, alcohol, tobacco. Great for one's health! So sorry about your strep throat. There's so much sickness right now. My daughter's aide is really sick with something in her head/chest/throat, so it looks like I'm my daughter's full time aide this week. GET WELL!!
Ann

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Ohhh....I hate strep throat! I've had it about once every couple of years for the past ten years now (because of my children passing it along. :) ) I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Thanks so much for the award, Nancy! And thanks for sharing some information about yourself, too. Have a happy week!

Bast said...

Tea with honey does do wonders on a throat ... never tried with brandy though.

Congrats on the award. Your 10 things were really interesting and not at all boring.

N. R. Williams said...

KK you're welcome.

Ann, I am afraid that I like caffeine to much if I understand your list correctly. I don't drink much alcohol. I like keeping my wits about me. But when I am sick, brandy and honey cut through the clogged mucus better than anything else. My mother's recipe.

I got strep and lots of other stuff when the kids were little too. I think it's been at least ten years since I had strep throat. You deserve the award.

Quinn, I only add brandy to tea when sick. I like my tea tasting like tea.

Thank you all for leaving a comment.
Nancy

Marieke said...

LOL I would agree with the honey... but yeah, brandy works too! ;)

Congrats on the award!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your award! You're a writer, huh? ;)

CD

N. R. Williams said...

Yeah, Marieke...my Mom gave it to us when we were so sick nothing else worked. It's surprising. But most cough syrups do contain alcohol.

Yeah, Clarissa, what a surprise, I'm a writer.

Thank you both for leaving a comment.
Nancy

Southpaw said...

Interesting. Good taste buds or nose or both. Both I bet (in regards to the coffee). And thanks.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Congrats on your award...and thanks so much for passing on the award! :)
I can relate to #4 Oh, for more time!
And it's good to find another person who doesn't like coffee! I thought soemthing was wrong with me!

N. R. Williams said...

I hope I have good taste buds Holly.

Yeah, just when I thought the day was going to be filled with my effort, I seem to be the one interrupting it. LOL.

Thank you both for leaving a comment.
Nancy