We interrupt this addition of ‘Ask Me A Question, Thursdays’ to bring you the above.
L’Aussie awarded me the The Beautiful Blogger Award. What an honor. There were no instructions with this award so I am going to make some up.
1. Post the award and thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
2. Give the award to 3 bloggers of your choice.
3. List 3 of your favorite words.
Three blogger friends. I’m going for those who are fairly new and should be followed because they have great blogs.
1. Ann Best at A Long Journey Home. Ann recently had a blog crash and lost everything. She is trying to rebuild and deserves my support. I hope you will head on over and follow her too.
2. Dominic de Mattos at Writes of Passage. Dominic recently started following me and always leaves a thoughtful comment. He deserves my support. I hope you will check out his site too.
3. Sherry Wachter who writes as Bodie Parkhurst at Speak! Good Dog! Sherry did my book cover. I find her post as well written as her art is crafted. Please head over and read her blog.
My three favorite words: I am not going to follow some writers and list difficult, unheard of words. No…my three favorites are close to my heart.
1. Love. Yes, it needs no further explanation. Love from God and love within us. Love we share. We all need more love.
2. Forgiveness. I never had problems forgiving others until something happened to me that broke my personal ethic code. I struggled for years and made some poor decisions as a result. Then I was facing major surgery. I wasn’t really scared, but decided I’d better make things right with people. I brought my children to me one at a time and apologized for what I believed was a bad outcome to some of my poor choices. Both, separately without knowledge of the others response said they understood and didn’t blame me. A light switched on, and I realized, the only person I never forgave was myself. Once I confessed this to God, all the anger evaporated like tears on a summer day and forgiveness came with a generous heart.
3. Compassion. In this day we need more compassion than ever before. Whether you talk about bullies or you talk about our relationship with our families, neighbors or other countries, and their culture. The human race as a whole needs to foster compassion within each heart.
Let our children learn these 3 words, experience them and embrace them.
In other news…I have a huge number of blogfest and contest listed in the right hand side bar. Take a moment to look them over and follow them back to their host if you’re interested. I am going to participate in most but not in all.
Now back to the question part. If you want to ask me something go right ahead.