Wednesday, January 6, 2016

It's a new year, 2016 Insecure Writer's Support Group.

Greeting all on this first Wednesday of the month. Once again, it's the first Wednesday of the month and in this case, of the year. Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh. it's also the first post of ISWG for the year.

Insecurities. What are they?

When my daughter was a newborn, I was a little insecure about feeding her, bathing her, getting her dressed and changing her diapers. That all passed in a few short days. Why? Because I had experience and experience builds confidence. Even so, we are often plagued by our insecurities. At the tender age of 64, I can tell you, much of those insecurities are swept away in the aging process.

So besides insecurities, what are your writing goals for 2016?

Mine are to finish, The Rise of Lord Sinon, I'm in the first round of edits now. To write another Halloween Collection and a faerie collection for both Christmas and Valentine's Day next year. Not enough time for V. Day this new year. And of course, to start on Book three of my epic fantasy series, The Chronicles of Gil-Lael. If you look at it all bunched together it looks overwhelming, but if you handle each thing a day at a time you can succeed.

What are some of your insecurities and/or writing goals?
Nancy

To read what others have to say go here.

To purchase any of my books, click the link in the side-bar. A review is always appreciated. 

13 comments:

Yolanda Renée said...

I think your goals are reachable, and I wish you well in conquering them. The first step is writing them down, so I'd say you are well on your way. May 2016 be your writing year - and each year thereafter!

dolorah said...

My insecurities are too many to list, and the priority shifts with each day. You are making some good progress on your goals already Nancy. Keep on going :)

Chemist Ken said...

My biggest insecurity is that I'll never finish my story, so my writing goal is to finally finish that story in 2016.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The more we do something, the better we become, and the more confidence we gain.

Chrys Fey said...

Experience always helps. As long as we try new things and get the experience, we can beat our insecurities. :)

Happy 2016!!!

alexia said...

I definitely find that as I get older, my insecurities lessen. Great goals!

N. R. Williams said...

Thanks everyone. I totally forgot today was Wednesday.
Nancy

Denise Covey said...

Experience is great with writing and publishing too! Every success for the new year.

Denise Covey said...

Go to the IWSG site or Alex has them on his blog.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Nancy - it's great you want to keep going forward, that pushes the insecurities to one side - and then your supporters are here - so good luck with 2016 - writing is so important .. cheers Hilary

N. R. Williams said...

Thanks Denise and Hilary.
Nancy

Misha Gerrick said...

Mostly, I'm insecure about not being able to reach my goals. ;-)

I hope you have a wonderful 2016.

N. R. Williams said...

Thanks Misha.