I found a post on Elaine Smith’s blog last week and she found them on Donald Maass blog earlier this year. So I’m passing this information onto you.
Instead of asking your character a set of mundane and over used questions, ask them this.
• Why do you matter?
• To whom do you matter?
• How would the world be poorer if you weren't in it?
• What are you better at than anyone else?
• What do you see or understand that no one else does?
• What was the last thing you learned?
• What was the last thing you learned about yourself?
• What is the worst thing about this moment? What’s the best?
So there you have it. Visit both blogs for more information. I must write 17 post for my blog book tour. So off to work I go.