Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Bible Study:

John 1:15 – 16

v. 15 John testified concerning Him and cried out, saying, This was He of whom I said, He who is coming after me has become ahead of me, because He was before me.

v. 16 For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace.

Footnote:
1:16 Literally, out of.

This is the only footnote for these two verses.

As I reflect on the New Year I am reminded that we all need to be renewed daily by the blood and life of Christ. As Christians, His life dwells within us and we have grace, upon grace to partake of Him. All we need to do is exercise our will to do this. So call out to Him, in good times and bad and allow the Triune God to be your experience.

Nancy

To purchase this wonderful Bible go to:

Recovery Version
Living Stream Ministry

They also carry numerous books and bible studies.

3 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

Very inspiring post for the first Sunday in 2011. I think we forget and only call out when things are bad.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Dominic de Mattos said...

This goes with Jesus' statement "I have come that [you] might have life and have it to the full" (John 10:10) The life that Jesus gives us is for now, not just for eternity!

Thanks for your weekly bible verses Nancy.

Happy New Year, if I didn't say so before!

N. R. Williams said...

I'm glad I can inspire you Mason.

I appreciate your comments very much Dominic.

Thank you both for dropping by and leaving a comment.
NR