Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Insecure Writers Support Group; Housing

Greetings. In the last five years I've been through a lot. We lost our home but rescued it in a short sale so we didn't suffer a foreclosure. That procedure took 4 years alone. I published my books, see side bar. I lived in a roach and black mold infested apartment and nearly died. My doctor said break the lease or die. We did. The apartment evicted us and came after their money. We won the court case and they were told to remove the eviction from our credit report. Now we were turned down for an apartment because of the eviction and that we owe too much money since Bank of America hasn't removed their lien on us, illegal on their part. Fortunately we have all the legal documents. Unfortunately, our current landlord gave us two weeks to move. We aren't the only ones. The parking lot is full of rental trucks. The landlord is turning these units into section 8 housing. For non Americans, that means the apartments will be rented to poor people who need government assistance to live. The landlord will then charge the government $1,300.00 a month. He currently gets $850.00 a month. Do you smell a skunk yet?

We were turned down for an apartment due to the above mentioned foreclosure and lien. No apartments are available until May. Those fly by night motels want $70.00 per night or $350.00 per week. We don't have enough unless we don't pay our bills and give up eating.

Are you out of breath yet? I am.

A year ago I was admitted to the hospital and spent ten days in ICU (Intensive Care Unit.) I almost died. Then I was transferred to a rehabilitation center for 5 weeks. People loved me because I was so positive.

All this, the struggle to live, only to be homeless. It sucks!

I've finished chapter  25 of my sequel to The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

Not sure if I'll have the internet to visit anyone. I'm writing this on February 28.

There where two things in life that I valued above all others. To be loved and have security. For me, security is a home. I married a man who was so abused as a child that he doesn't know how to love. He knows how to criticize. And I have no home. Panic is an emotion I'm submerging in boiling water to release myself from it's hold.

Sorry this is a downer.
Nancy

To visit others who will be ore positive, go here.

9 comments:

Chrys Fey said...

My family suffered a foreclosure when I was little and it was tough because the consequences of that went on for a long time.

I'm glad you're with us here today after your hospital stay. And I pray this get better for you and your husband.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Nancy, I've followed you over the years and through a lot of that mess. No one should have to endure so much. Hope things are in a better place now.

Adrienne Reiter said...

Hi Nancy,

Good for you for persevering through a such a shit show of adversity! I too have been through divorce, job changes had to move back in with mom briefly (worst. day. ever.), etc. But surviving black mold and predatory lenders. What doesn't kill us, right?

You are one strong lady with the proverbial grist for the mill. My thoughts are with you.

-Adrienne

N. R. Williams said...

Thanks all.

Alex
My whole life has been a struggle.

Nancy

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Dear Nancy - I do hope you can get some peace and be able to live the simple, quiet, secure life you want to ..

With lots of thoughts - Hilary

N. R. Williams said...

Thanks Hilary
Nancy

Denise Covey said...

Hi Nancy!
Sorry I missed this but I've followed your story on facebook as you know. I can't believe how you've been treated. Surely there is something in place in the US so good people don't get tossed out on the street!
Keep us posted when you can!

Denise :-)

Fundy Blue said...

I just shared your post with my husband, Nancy. You may think it's a downer, but I am inspired by your dogged persistence. You are one strong lady who won't give up! You've being going through such adversity, and yet, you are still writing and publishing! I'm sending you my best wishes and a very big hug! Keep hanging in there! People can get through anything that doesn't kill them, if they don't give up!
BTW, I'm visiting as an IWSG co-host today. I'm thankful for reading your post!

N. R. Williams said...

Thanks Fundy